IMPORTANT: PLEASE REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. IN PARTICULAR, PLEASE REVIEW THE MUTUAL ARBITRATION PROVISION IN SECTION 18
This Agreement constitutes a legal agreement between you (“you” or “User”) and Work2Day, Inc. d/b/a Work2Day (“Work2Day” or “us”). This Agreement governs your use of our services and platform that facilitates communications between Users offered through our website located at work2day.ca, as it may be modified, relocated and/or redirected from time to time (the “Site”), and the mobile applications offered by us (the “Apps”). Our services, platform, Site and Apps are collectively referred to as “Work2Day“.
By accessing, using or registering with Work2Day or any portions thereof, you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and any future amendments and additions to this Agreement as we may publish from time to time. Please read this Agreement carefully. If you do not agree to accept and be bound by this Agreement, you must immediately stop using Work2Day. Work2Day’s acceptance is expressly conditioned upon your assent to this Agreement in its entirety. If this Agreement is considered to be an offer by us, acceptance is expressly limited to this Agreement.
By using Work2Day, you represent and warrant that: (i) you are at least of the legally required age in the jurisdiction in which you reside, and are otherwise capable of entering into binding contracts; and (ii) you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and that you will so abide. Where you enter into this Agreement on behalf of a company or other organization, you represent and warrant that you have authority to act on behalf of that entity and to bind that entity to this Agreement.
- Your agreement that either party may compel binding arbitration for most types of disputes, and your agreement to submit an informal dispute resolution process for at least 30 days prior to the initiation of any claim (Section 17).
- Your agreement that no claims can be adjudicated on a class basis (Section 17).
- Your agreement that Work2Day is provided “as is” and without warranty (Section 14).
- Your agreement that Work2Day is solely a communications platform providing a method for Professional Services to be booked, that all Professional Services are performed by third parties, and that Work2Day has no liability for any Professional Services or any acts or omissions of third parties (Sections 1 and 14)
- Your acknowledgment of and agreement to Work2Day’s cancellation policies and cancellation fees (Section 4).
- Your agreement to release Work2Day from liability based on claims relating to Professional Services and otherwise (Section 14) and your agreement to the limitation of time within which a claim can be brought (Section 19).
- Your agreement to indemnify Work2Day from claims due to your use, misuse or inability to use Work2Day, the Merchandise and/or Professional Services, your violation of this Agreement, applicable laws or third party rights, and/or content or information submitted from your account to Work2Day (Section 15).
- Your consent to any modifications or amendments to this Agreement (Section 20).
- Work2Day is Solely a Venue for Communications; Background Checks.
- Work2Day is Solely a Venue for Communications. Work2Day is a communications platform for enabling the connection between individuals seeking to obtain services (“Clients”) and/or individuals seeking to provide services (“Workers/Professionals”). Clients and Workers/Professionals together are referred to as “Users”. Those certain services requested by the Clients, which are to be completed by the Workers/Professionals, are hereinafter referred to as “Professional Services”. The Professional Services may include the delivery and/or assembly of furniture and/or other items (“Merchandise”), but shall not be deemed to include the Merchandise itself. Work2Day does not itself provide Professional Services or Merchandise. The provision of all Professional Services is up to the Professionals, which may be scheduled through use of Work2Day. WORK2DAY, THROUGH THE WORK2DAY APP, OFFERS INFORMATION AND A METHOD TO OBTAIN SUCH PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND/OR MERCHANDISE, BUT DOES NOT AND DOES NOT INTEND TO PROVIDE SUCH PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR MERCHANDISE ITSELF OR ACT IN ANY WAY AS A RETAILER OR MANUFACTURER, OR AS A CLEANING, HANDYMAN, GENERAL LABOUR, LANDSCAPING, SNOW REMOVAL, LIGHT DUTY OR OTHER HOME-RELATED, SMALL BUSINESS RELATED, OR MOVING-RELATED SERVICE PROVIDER, AND HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND/OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED TO THE CLIENT BY WORKERS/PROFESSIONALS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, A WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF GOOD AND WORKMANLIKE SERVICES, WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LAW, REGULATION, OR CODE. WORK2DAY IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH, ENDORSED OR SPONSORED BY ANY THIRD PARTY MERCHANDISE PROVIDER OR SERVICE RETAILER.
- Background Checks. By January 2020 Work2Day will perform background checks on all Workers/Professionals via third party background check services to the extent permitted by applicable law. However, each Client should exercise caution and common sense to protect its personal safety and property, just as you would when interacting with any person whom you do not know. BY USING WORK2DAY, THE CLIENT AGREES TO HOLD WORK2DAY FREE FROM THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LIABILITY OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE OUT OF THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES. WORK2DAY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER INCLUDING WORKERS/PROFESSIONALS, AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, INJURY OR DAMAGE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROFESSIONAL SERVICES.
- Personal Information; User Accounts.
- Account, Password and Security. You are the sole authorized user of your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any username, password and account provided by you or us for accessing Work2Day. You are solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account, except that Work2Day may, in certain circumstances, access your account to make changes that you request, such as rescheduling a Service appointment. Work2Day has no control over the use of any User’s account by the User or third parties and expressly disclaims any liability derived therefrom. Should you suspect that any unauthorized party may be using your password or account or you suspect any other breach of security, you must contact us immediately at email@example.com. Nothing in this section shall affect Work2Day’s rights to limit or terminate the use of Work2Day, as provided below in section 4(b).
- Proof of Identity. You will provide us with such proof of identity as we may reasonably request from time to time.
- Text Messages and Phone Calls. By providing your phone number and using Work2Day, you agree that we may, to the extent permitted by applicable law, use your mobile phone number for calls and, if such phone number is a mobile number, for text (SMS) messages, in order to assist with facilitating the requested Professional Services. Standard call or message charges or other charges from your phone carrier may apply to calls or text (SMS) messages we send you. You may opt-out of receiving text (SMS) messages from us by replying with the word “STOP” to a text message from us. You acknowledge that opting out of text (SMS) messages may impact your ability to use the Work2Day App. You agree to Work2Day’s use of a service provider to mask your telephone number when you call or exchange text (SMS) messages with a Service Professional or Service Requestor on the Work2Day App using a telephone number provided by Work2Day. Work2Day also masks the telephone number of the Service Requestor or Service Professional with whom you are communicating. During this process, Work2Day and its service provider will receive in real time and store call data, including the date and time of the call or text (SMS) message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the text (SMS) messages. You agree to the masking process described above and to Work2Day’s use and disclosure of this call data for its legitimate business purposes.
- Emails. Work2Day may send you confirmation and other transactional emails regarding the Professional Services. Work2Day may also send you emails about services that we think might interest you (“Promotional Emails”). You can unsubscribe from Promotional Emails at any time by clicking unsubscribe in our email communications or contacting us.
- Payments; Work2Day Workmanship Guarantee; Claims: Refund Policy:
- Payments. Users of Work2Day contract for Professional Services directly with other Users. Work2Day is not a party to any contracts for Professional Services. Work2Day facilitates these contracts by supplying a medium through which Clients can connect with Workers/Professionals, schedule Professional Services, and make payments for Professional Services (“Payments”). Clients are obligated to pay in advance for the Professional Services and/or Merchandise they order through the Work2Day App. We will charge the Client’s credit card according to the amount the Client has agreed to on the Work2Day App with respect to all Professional Services and/or Merchandise, the Client has ordered, and for all purchases and payments for reimbursement costs, fees or expenses associated with a Professional Service as well as the Work2Day Workmanship Guarantee (as defined in 3(d) below), and the Client hereby authorizes us to charge the credit card on file in the Client’s Work2Day account for such amounts. We will use third party services to process credit card information. By accepting this Agreement, you are giving Work2Day (or a third-party payment processor on Work2Day’s behalf) permission to charge your on-file credit card, debit card, or other approved methods of payment for fees that you owe Work2Day. Depending on the transaction you selected or services requested, Work2Day may charge you on a one-time or recurring basis. All information that you provide in connection with a purchase or transaction or other monetary transaction interaction with the Professional Services must be accurate, complete, and current. You agree to pay all charges incurred by users of your credit card, debit card, or other payment method used in connection with a purchase or transaction or other monetary transaction interaction with Work2Day at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. We retain the right, at our sole discretion, to place a hold on the Client’s credit card for an ordered or completed Professional Service transaction. Forty-eight (48) hours after a Professional Service is completed, if there is no complaint by the Client, we will mark the Professional Service as closed. If the Client has agreed with the Worker/Professional to extend or reduce the hours in or to reschedule a requested Professional Service, the Client bears the responsibility for notifying Work2Day. Clients must notify Work2Day either by changing the date or hours of the requested Professional Service through the Work2Day App or by visiting the Work2Day Support Center by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All Payments by Clients must be made through the Work2DayApp. Any Payments paid outside of the Work2Day App are not subject to our Workmanship Guarantee in Section 3(d). Except for the Work2Day Workmanship Guarantee in Section 3(d), and the Refund Policy in Section 3(e), no refunds or credits will be provided once the Client’s credit card has been charged, except that at our sole discretion, refunds or credits may be granted in extenuating circumstances, as a result of specific promotions, or to correct any errors we have made. While we will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of all credit card and all other personal information, we expressly disclaim any liability for any damage that may result should any information be released to any third parties, and you agree to hold us harmless for any damages that may result therefrom. Clients will be liable for all transaction taxes on the Professional Service(s) provided (other than taxes based on Work2Day’s income).
- Job Rate. The rate per hour for a Professional Service (“Job Rate”) depends on factors, such as location demand, season, suggested rates based on industry trends, previously completed job statistics, and worker star ratings. Therefore, the same Professional Service may cost more in a different location, or may cost more between one season to the next, or if the suggested rate is made concerning a more experienced worker with a higher rating.
- Recurrent/Multiple Service Request. When requesting a Professional Service, Clients may have the option of choosing that the Professional Service be repeated over a number of subsequent days (“Recurrent Service”), or to select multiple workers/professionals simultaneously for one service request (“Multiple Worker/Professional Request”).
For example, a Client may choose that a cleaning be performed four days in a row. When a Client chooses a Recurrent Service, Work2Day will automatically schedule that Recurrent Service to occur on future dates specified and requested by the Client. Client’s credit card will be charged the same non-promotional amount, as originally disclosed to the Client at the time of the signing up for Recurring Service, for the Recurrent Service as the Professional Service appointments occur and for any applicable cancellation fees. Work2Day cannot guarantee that the same Professional will be available for each Recurrent Service appointment or that Recurrent Service appointments will not be cancelled. Clients may cancel the Recurrent Service at any time by visiting the Work2Day Support Center at work2day.ca/support or by emailing a notice of cancellation to email@example.com. Clients must cancel more than six (6) hours prior to the Professional Service in order to avoid being charged any cancellation fees for the next Professional Service.
- Work2Day Workmanship Guarantee.
- The Work2Day Workmanship Guarantee is available to Clients who purchase the insurance option and is the sole liability of Work2Day to Clients for the performance of Professional Services. If you are not satisfied with the quality of the initial Professional Service requested and paid for through the Work2Day App, then Work2Day will send another Worker/Professional to re-perform the same exact Professional Service ordered at no additional charge to the Client.
- The Work2Day Workmanship Guarantee also provides certain limited additional protections. Pursuant to the Work2Day Workmanship Guarantee and subject to the below conditions and limitations, Work2Day will compensate Clients: (a) up to CAD $500 per occurrence for losses arising from property damage as a direct result of negligence of a Worker/Professional during performance of a Professional Service; or (b) Clients up to CAD $1,000 for losses arising from theft of a Client’s property by a Worker/Professional during performance of a Professional Service. The Service Client is eligible for the Work2Day Workmanship Guarantee provided that the Client reports the issue within twenty-four (24) hours of the Professional Service appointment to our Client service by visiting the Work2Day Support Center. For Recurring Services and Multiple Workers/Professionals, each Professional Service is treated as a separate occurrence.
- Work2Day Workmanship Guarantee – Conditions & Exclusions; Your Primary Insurance. If you carry insurance that would cover you in the event of any claim, such as renter’s insurance, homeowner’s insurance, automobile insurance or an umbrella policy (“Personal Insurance”), You agree that your Personal Insurance is primary and the Work2Day Workmanship Guarantee is the last resort. The Work2Day Workmanship Guarantee will only compensate for losses to the extent not otherwise covered by Your Personal Insurance.
- Coverage Under the Work2Day Workmanship Guarantee. A Client will be covered under the Work2Day Workmanship Guarantee for every Professional Service, subject to the exclusions below, provided:
- The Professional Service is agreed to between a Client and a Worker/Service Professional through the Work2Day App, performed by the Service Professional hired by the Client and paid for in full through the Work2Day App;
- You have reported the claim within 24 hours of the Professional Service; and
- Your Work2Day account is in good standing with no outstanding balances owed to Work2Day or Workers/Professionals.
- What is excluded from the Work2Day Workmanship Guarantee? The “Work2Day Workmanship Guarantee” does not cover the following:
- losses arising out of acts of nature, including, but not limited to, pollution, earthquakes and weather related events such as windstorms, thunderstorms, rain, snow, flooding, freezing, twisters, hurricanes and tornadoes;
- losses arising out of interruption of business, loss of market, loss of income and/or loss of use;
- losses for property damage and theft exceeding the original value and/or replacement value for such property, less any standard depreciation;
- losses arising from negligence of a Client or third party;
- losses arising from a manufacturer’s or a product’s defects;
- losses from pre-existing damages or conditions of the item or property;
- losses arising from items supplied by the Client or due to Client recommendations (e.g., if a manufacturer recommends affixing furniture to a wall and a Client declines to have furniture affixed, etc);
- losses arising from flooding and/or water damage including mold, mildew, fungi or bacteria;
- losses arising from products containing hazardous or harmful materials, acts of terrorism, product liability, or pollution;
- losses of cash, third party gift cards and securities;
- losses as a result of theft of property in excess of CAD $5,000 or any other intentional wrongful act by a Worker/Professional;
- losses arising from normal wear and tear;
- losses for items that retain their functionality;
- losses based on sentimental and/or undocumented intangible value;
- losses related to repairs outside of the area where the Professional Services were performed;
- losses of pets, personal liability or damage to shared or common areas;
- losses arising from shipping costs and/or shipping of replacement items and/or taxes incurred in purchasing the original and/or replacement items;
- losses of theft without a valid police report, if requested by Work2Day; and losses with insufficient documentation.
- How do I submit a Claim? First report of a claim must be made 24 after the booking occurs. After the first report, You will be asked to complete the full claim form within 7 days of receipt. We urge you to read through these terms and conditions prior to submitting a claim. All claims will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. During Work2Day’s claims assessment process, You may be required to provide written detailed: (i) proof of ownership of damaged/missing item (ii) proof of value of damaged/missing item and (iii) proof of damage or loss. If such information is requested, You will have 30 days from the date of the request to send Work2Day the requested information. If You fail to provide the requested information within the 30 day time period and/or fail to contact Work2Day to arrange for an extension of time, Your claim will be considered closed. You also agree to: (i) protect and preserve any damaged property that is the basis of a claim from further damage, (ii) assist and allow Work2Day or its insurers access to inspect and make copies, photographs and recordings of anything relating to the claim, (iii) accept repairs and/or remediation by a Professional, (iv) accept a replacement only if repairs are proven not to be an option, (v) submit requested materials by the dates outlined by the Work2Day resolutions team, and (vi) accept a replacement item subject to the standard depreciation of that item.
If any part of Your claim is approved, then as a condition to any payment to You under the Work2Day Workmanship Guarantee, You will be required to execute and deliver to Work2Day a release agreement and assign to Work2Day or its insurer any rights and remedies you may have to recover amounts paid to you with respect to an approved claim from any party that is financially responsible for the approved claims and any rights in any property that is recovered.
- Work2Day Refund Policy: Work2Day may issue a refund on a case by case basis. Where a Professional Service has been requested through the Work2Day App and the Worker/Professional is absent for the requested Professional Service and the Professional Service remains incomplete, Work2Day will attempt to reschedule a new Worker/Professional to complete the Professional Service until said Service is complete. No refunds will be issued under these circumstances. No refunds will be granted except that at our sole discretion, refunds or credits may be granted in extenuating circumstances, as a result of specific promotions, or to correct any errors we have made. Where a Professional Service has been performed and the Client is unsatisfied with the quality of work then a subsequent Worker/Professional will be scheduled to perform the exact Professional Service that was initially requested by the Client, if said Client had opted-in to the Workmanship Guarantee as set out in Section 3(d).
- Term and Termination; Cancellation of Professional Services; Survival.
- Term. This Agreement shall continue in full force and effect until such time as it is terminated by you or by us.
- Termination by Work2Day. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may terminate this Agreement or terminate or suspend your right to use the Work2Day App at any time for any or no reason (including, without limitation, in the event that we believe that you have breached this Agreement or any policy posted on the Work2Day App, or if we otherwise find that you have engaged in inappropriate and/or offensive behavior (collectively, “Prohibited Conduct”)) by providing you with written or email notice of such termination to the physical or email address you have provided us, and termination will be effective immediately upon when such notice is sent. Except in the event that we terminate or suspend your right to use the Work2Day App due to any Prohibited Conduct, we will refund in full any payments for Professional Services that have not been performed or completed. If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name or email address, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress. When terminating your account, Work2Day may delete the account and all the information in it. You have no ownership rights to your account.
- Termination by You. You may terminate this Agreement by completely and permanently ceasing to use the Work2Day App (provided that there are no outstanding Professional Services ordered under your password or account) and by closing any account you have opened on the Work2Day App. If you attempt to terminate this Agreement while there are still outstanding Professional Services ordered under your password or account, this Agreement shall not terminate until such Professional Services have been performed or otherwise canceled as permitted by Work2Day.
- Policy for Service Cancellation by Client. Work2Day’s cancellation policy (found at work2day.ca/terms-conditions/) for specific Professional Services is as follows: Clients may cancel their scheduled Professional Service appointments through the Work2Day Platform at any time, subject to the following. If a Client cancels more than 3 hours before a scheduled Professional Service appointment, there is no cancellation fee. If the Client cancels during the 3hours before a scheduled Professional Service appointment, the Client will be charged the full Professional Service amount. This cancellation policy applies both for one-time Professional Service bookings and for recurring or multiple Professional(s) Service appointments. A Professional Service appointment may be canceled through the Work2Day App or through our website.
- Policy for Service Cancellation by Worker/Professional. When a Worker/Professional cancels a scheduled Professional Service appointment, the Work2Day App generally notifies the Client and makes the Client’s Professional Service request available for another Professional to select. However, Work2Day cannot guarantee that a canceled Professional Service appointment will be selected by another Worker/Professional and rescheduled or that the Professional Service request will be completed. For Recurrent Service Requests, if a Professional Service appointment is canceled by a Worker/Professional, the Client will not be charged for that Professional Service appointment. Workers/Professionals who cancel a scheduled Professional Service appointment may incur fees as provided in the Service Agreement.
- Survival. All provisions that should by their nature survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement, including without limitation, Sections 8, 10 and 13-21, shall so survive.
- Submission Areas. The Work2Day app may contain blogs, message boards, work boards, applications, opportunities to provide reviews, job postings, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities that allow Users to communicate with other Users and with Work2Day (collectively, “Submission Areas”). Some areas in the Submission Areas within the Work2Day App will be public, and Work2Day will not be responsible for any information or materials posted in such public areas. Work2Day may, in its discretion, publicly post submissions you submit to a non-public area of the Work2Day App. You may only use such Submission Areas to send and receive messages and material that are relevant and proper to the applicable forum and that comply with this Agreement. “Your Information” is defined as any information and materials you provide to us or other Users in connection with your registration for and use of theWork2Day App, including without limitation, information and materials that are posted or transmitted for use in Submission Areas. You are solely responsible for Your Information, and we are merely a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of Your Information. You hereby represent and warrant that Your Information: (a) will comply at all times with this Agreement, including but not limited to Section 7 (Rules for Use of the Work2Day App) below, and with Section 2 (Personal Information; User Accounts) above; and (b) will not create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our Internet Service Providers (ISPs), customers, or other partners or suppliers. You hereby grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute all of Your Information that is posted to Community Areas from or through your account on theWork2Day App, including but not limited to all images, videos, musical works and text included in such postings. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving the Work2Day App. We reserve the right to remove postings from Community Areas in our sole discretion.
- Rules for Use of the Work2Day App. During the term of this Agreement, Clients may use the Work2Day App for your personal use only (or for the use of a person, including a company or other organization that you validly represent). Clients may use the Work2Day App to book Professional Services solely with respect to a location where the Client is legally authorized to have Professional Services performed. Clients may not use the Work2Day App for any other purposes or in connection with any commercial endeavours whatsoever without our express prior written consent. Clients agree that a request for Professional Services is an offer, which is only accepted when the Client receives a confirmation of the order. Clients agree to treat Workers/Professionals courteously and lawfully, to provide a safe and appropriate working environment for them that is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and to provide reasonable co-operation to Workers/Professionals to enable them to supply Professional Services. Clients agree to communicate any complaints to us and not to the Workers/Professionals. Clients agree to comply with our complaint and other policies designated on the Site. Clients acknowledge that their selected Workers/Professional may be unavailable from time to time, e.g. due to illness, vacation or leaving the Work2Day App. Workers/Professionals agree to provide Professional Services in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and with the Service Agreement. You shall NOT use the Work2Day App (including but not limited to any Submission Areas) to do any of the following:
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted files, or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Upload files that contain software or other material that violates the intellectual property rights or rights of privacy or publicity of any third party.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as, but not limited to, rights of privacy and publicity) of others, including but not limited to our staff and other Users.
- Post a review or rating unless such review or rating contains your independent, honest, genuine opinion.
- Use the Work2Day App or any Professional Service for any purpose or in any manner that is in violation of local, state, provincial, national, or international law.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any profane, defamatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, threatening or unlawful topics, names, materials or information, or any materials, information or content that involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose or solicit employment or contract work which is not relevant to services offered through the Work2Day App.
You may not solicit, advertise for, or contact in any form Users for employment, contracting, or any other purpose not related to Professional Services facilitated through the Work2Day App without express written permission from us.
- Use the Work2Day App to collect or harvest usernames and/or email addresses of members by electronic or other means without our express prior written consent.
- Conduct, send or forward email or other electronic communications, including promotions, advertising of products or services, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or chain letters.
- Impersonate another person or allow any other person or entity to use your identification to post or view comments or otherwise use your account.
- Post the same note repeatedly (referred to as ‘spamming’). Spamming is strictly prohibited.
- Download any file posted by another User that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed through the Work2Day App, or post or upload any content to which you have not obtained any necessary rights or permissions to use accordingly.
- Restrict or inhibit any other User from using and enjoying the Work2Day App.
- Imply or state that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent.
- Reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, translate, modify, adapt, license, sublicense, alter, copy, distribute, hack or interfere with the Work2Day App, its servers or any connected networks, use a robot, spider, manual and/or automatic processes or devices to data-mine, data-crawl, scrape or index the Work2Day App in any manner, or attempt to do any of the foregoing.
- Remove or alter, visually or otherwise, any copyrights, trademarks or proprietary marks and rights owned by us.
- Upload content that is offensive and/or harmful, including, but not limited to, content that advocates, endorses, condones or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any individual or group of individuals.
- Upload content that provides materials or access to materials that are obscene, adult or sexual or that exploit anyone, and in particular people under the age of majority, in an abusive, violent or sexual manner.
- Register to use the Work2Day App under different usernames or identities, after your account has been suspended or terminated.
- Mirror or archive any part of the Work2Day App or any content or material contained on the Work2Day App without Work2Day’s written permission.
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting or providing false or misleading representations in the sender information, subject line, locator, or content of any electronic message.
- Alter transmission data without Work2Day’s consent.
- Employment and Withholding. Users do not have authority to enter into contracts or commitments, whether written or oral, implied or express, on behalf of Work2Day. You acknowledge that we do not supervise, direct, or control a Professional’s work or Professional Services performed in any manner. Professionals may wear a Work2Day badge or other Work2Day insignia purely for the purpose of identifying themselves as a Professional contacted through the Work2Day App. Work2Day is not an employment service and does not serve as an employer of any Professional. As such, we will not be liable for any tax or withholding, including but not limited to unemployment insurance, employer’s liability, Canada Pension Plan or payroll withholding tax in connection with your use of Professional Services. You understand and agree that if we are found to be liable for any tax or withholding tax in connection with your use of Professional Services, then you will immediately reimburse and pay to us an equivalent amount, including any interest or penalties thereon.
- Special Promotions; Gift Cards and Vouchers.
- Changes to Promotions. We may from time to time provide certain promotional opportunities to Clients. All promotions will be run at our sole discretion, and can be activated, modified or removed at any time by us without advance notification.
- Referral Credits. In the event that you are given a code through which you may refer a friend to the Work2Day App in exchange for a referral credit, you shall not use any online marketing or advertising to promote such code or to artificially increase the amount of credits awarded. By way of example, you may not post, or cause, request or permit a third party to post any such code on a coupon website, nor use any paid search marketing, online advertising, forum posting, newsgroup posting or bulk email to disseminate such code. You may only share such code with your personal friends and acquaintances for legitimate referral purposes, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Work2Day referral credits are redeemable only for Professional Services. Work2Day referral credits have no cash value and are not redeemable for cash unless otherwise required by law. Without limiting our other rights and remedies, we may terminate such code and/or your account for any breach of this Section. For questions or additional information, please contact us.
- Work2Day vouchers or promotional codes for special offers or discounts (“Vouchers”) may be available and can be used to pay in part or in full for Professional Services.
- You agree that you will only use one Voucher per person and will use Vouchers in accordance with the Voucher terms and conditions.
- You agree that you will comply with all Voucher terms and conditions.
- Use of Vouchers is further subject to the below terms and conditions regarding Gift Cards
- Gift Cards.
- Work2Day Gift Cards (“Gift Cards”) are redeemable only for Professional Service. Gift Cards have no cash value and are not redeemable for cash unless otherwise required by law.
- Gift Cards must be presented at the time of purchase and any available balance will be applied to your purchase.
- Gift Cards do not expire and there are no inactivity, dormancy, or service fees associated with Gift Cards.
- You agree to comply with all Gift Card terms and conditions.
- Gift Cards are not replaceable if lost or stolen, and cannot be combined with any other Gift Cards, Vouchers, gift certificates, or other coupons.
- Gift Cards cannot be used for previous purchases, credits, or the purchase of Gift Cards, and cannot be used to make a payment towards third party items the balance on a credit card.
- We reserve the right to limit quantities of Gift Cards purchased by any person or entity and to cancel a Gift Card if we believe that the Gift Card was obtained through fraudulent or unauthorized means. Specifically, you may not purchase or obtain more than $10,000 in Gift Card value in any one day regardless of location, whether on a single Gift Card or multiple Gift Cards. Moreover, you may not purchase or obtain any one Gift Card with a value of more than $2,000 in any one day.
- No credit card, credit line, overdraft protection, or deposit account is associated with your Gift Card. Unused Gift Card balances are not transferable, and you may not sell a Gift Card or otherwise barter for its exchange although you may give a Gift Card to someone else as a gift.
- A Gift Card is void if copied, altered, transferred, purchased, or sold.
- Purchases of Gift Cards are final and not refundable. All sales are final.
- We reserve the right to correct the balance of a Gift Card if we believe that a billing error has occurred, and we disclaim all liability for any such billing errors.
- In the event you do not use your Gift Card for a certain period of time, we may be required to turn over the remaining Gift Card balance to a state under such state or province’s unclaimed or abandoned property law. Although your Gift Card does not expire, if we are obligated to turn over the remaining balance of your Gift Card under a state or province’s unclaimed property law, by operation of law we will be released from any further liability or obligation with respect to your Gift Card and you may be required to contact the state or province’s unclaimed property administrator to attempt to recover your unused Gift Card balance. To protect your right to continue to use your remaining Gift Card balance, we will make reasonable efforts to exempt your Gift Card from state unclaimed property laws.
- Intellectual Property Rights. The Work2Day App, and the information, data, content and materials, which it contains (“Work2Day Materials”), are the property of Work2Day and/or its affiliates and licensors, excluding User-generated content, which Work2Day has a right to use as described below. The Work2Day Materials are protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by United States and Canadian copyright law, trademark law, international conventions, and other intellectual property laws. Work2Day and/or its affiliates and licensors are and shall continue to be the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights associated with the Work2Day Materials. Any use of Work2Day Materials, other than as expressly permitted herein, is prohibited without the prior permission of Work2Day and/or the relevant right holder. The service marks and trademarks of Work2Day, including without limitation work2day.live, work2day.blog, work2day.ca and the Work2Day logo are service marks owned by Work2Day. Any other trademarks, service marks, logos and/or trade names appearing on the Work2Day App are the property of their respective owners. You may not copy or use any of the marks, logos or trade names appearing on the Work2Day App without the express prior written consent of the owner.
- Copyright Complaints and Copyright Agent. Work2Day respects the intellectual property of others, and expects Users to do the same. Work2Day will respond to properly submitted notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. In the event that a person or entity has a good faith belief that any materials provided on or in connection with the Work2Day App infringe upon that person’s or entity’s copyright or other intellectual property right (such person or entity, a “Complainant”) and sends to Work2Day a properly submitted copyright notice as indicated below, Work2Day will investigate, and if it determines, in its discretion, that the material is infringing, Work2Day will remove the content and may terminate the access of the User who posted such content to the Work2Day in the case of repeat infringers. All notices claiming an infringement of copyright rights must contain the following:
- Identification of the intellectual property right that is allegedly infringed. All relevant registration numbers, or a statement concerning the Complainant’s ownership of the work, should be included.
- A statement specifically identifying the location of the infringing material, with enough detail that Work2Day may find it on the Work2Day App. Please note: it is not sufficient to merely provide a top level URL.
- The complete name, address, telephone number and email address of Complainant.
- A statement that Complainant has a good faith belief that the use of the allegedly infringing material is not authorized by the owner of the rights, or its agents, or by law.
- A statement that the information contained in the notification is accurate, and under the penalty of perjury, Complainant is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other property rights that are allegedly infringed; (vi) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property rights that are allegedly being infringed.
Work2Day’s contact information for notice of alleged copyright infringement is:
Or via Mail:
Attn: Copyright Agent
Work2Day, Inc. d/b/a Work2Day
3373 Stoney Cres
Mississauga, ON L5M 0N7
- The App / Mobile Devices
- The Work2Day App may allow you to access our services, download our Apps, upload content to the Work2Day App, and receive messages on your mobile device (collectively “Mobile Features”). Your mobile device carrier may prohibit or restrict certain Mobile Features and certain Mobile Features may be incompatible with your mobile device carrier or mobile device. In addition, your mobile device carrier may charge you for standard messaging, data, and other fees to participate in Mobile Features. We have no responsibility or liability for any fees or charges you incur when using the Mobile Features. You should check with your mobile device carrier to find out whether any fees or charges will apply, what plans are available and how much they cost. You should also contact your mobile device carrier with any other questions regarding these issues.
- You acknowledge that your use of the Apps is subject to any terms set forth in the terms of service of the third party providing the mobile device on which the App operates (e.g., Apple iOS or Android).
- Work2Day is not liable if you do not have a compatible mobile device or if you download the wrong version of an App for your mobile device. Work2Day reserves the right to terminate the use of the Apps or any other aspect of the Work2Day App should you be using the Apps or the Work2Day App with an incompatible or unauthorized device.
- App Store Sourced Application.
- With respect to Apps accessed through or downloaded from the Apple App Store (“App Store Sourced Application”), you will use the App Store Sourced Application only: (i) on an Apple-branded product that runs iOS (Apple’s proprietary operating system software); and (ii) as permitted by the “Usage Rules” set forth in the Apple App Store Terms of Service. Work2Day reserves all rights in and to the Apps not expressly granted to you under this Agreement.
- You acknowledge and agree that (i) this Agreement is valid between you and Work2Day only, and, that Apple is not a party to this Agreement other than as third-party beneficiary as contemplated below, and (ii) Work2Day, not Apple, is solely responsible for the App Store Sourced Application and the Work2Day App Content.
- You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance or support services to you with respect to the App Store Sourced Application.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App Store Sourced Application.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, and subject to the terms in this Agreement, you acknowledge that, solely as between Apple and Work2Day, Work2Day and not Apple is responsible for addressing any claims you may have relating to the App Store Sourced Application, or your possession and/or use thereof, including, but not limited, to: (i) product liability claims, (ii) any claim that the App Store Sourced Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- Further, you agree that if the App Store Sourced Application, or your possession and use of the App Store Sourced Application, infringes on a third party’s intellectual property rights, you will not hold Apple responsible for the investigation, defence, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claims.
- You acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement for App Store Sourced Applications, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement for App Store Sourced Applications against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
- Without limiting any provisions of this Agreement, you must comply with all applicable third party terms of agreement when using the App Store Sourced Application.
- Modifications to the Work2Day App. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to review, improve, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Work2Day App or any content or information on the Work2Day App with or without notice. We will not be liable to any party for any modification or discontinuance of the Work2Day App.
- Confidentiality. The term “Confidential Information” shall mean any and all of Work2Day’s trade secrets, confidential and proprietary information, personal information and all other information and data of Work2Day App that is not generally known to the public or other third parties who could derive value, economic or otherwise, from its use or disclosure. The Work2Day App contains secured components that are accessible only to those who have been granted a username and password by Work2Day. Information contained within the secure components of the Work2Day App is confidential and proprietary. You acknowledge that Confidential Information (as hereinafter defined) is a valuable, special and unique asset of Work2Day and agree that you will not use Confidential Information other than as necessary for you to make use of the Work2Day App as expressly permitted by this Agreement and only during the term of this Agreement. You will not disclose or transfer (or seek to induce others to disclose or transfer) any Confidential Information for any purpose. You shall promptly notify Work2Day in writing of any circumstances, which may constitute unauthorized disclosure, transfer, or use of Confidential Information. You shall implement reasonable technical, physical and administrative safeguards to protect Confidential Information from loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, transfer, modification or use. You shall return all originals and any copies of any and all materials containing Confidential Information to Work2Day upon termination of this Agreement for any reason whatsoever.
- Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation on Liability.
- USE OF THE WORK2DAY APP IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE WORK2DAY APP IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER WORK2DAY NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE WORK2DAY APP WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE IN OR THROUGH THE WORK2DAY APP; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO ANY PROFESSIONAL’S REGISTRATION, PROFESSIONAL ACCREDITATION OR LICENSE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WORK2DAY APP, OR AS TO THE TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, SAFETY, COMPLETENESS OR CONTENT OF THE SERVICES, PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, OR ANY PRODUCTS, MERCHANDISE, CONTENT, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE WORK2DAY APP OR THIS AGREEMENT. ACCESS TO THE WORK2DAY APP IS PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE AS A COURTESY. NEITHER WORK2DAY NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF THE WORK2DAY APP (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE CONDUCT OF ANY CLIENTS OR WORKERS/PROFESSIONALS). NEITHER WORK2DAY NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE WORK2DAY APP IS FREE FROM VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WORK2DAY AND ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY INFORMATION, PERSONAL OR OTHERWISE, SUPPLIED BY YOU WILL NOT BE MISAPPROPRIATED, INTERCEPTED, DELETED, DESTROYED OR USED BY OTHERS.
- NO LIABILITY. YOU AGREE NOT TO HOLD WORK2DAY, ITS AFFILIATES, ITS LICENSORS, OR ANY OF SUCH PARTIES’ AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, CORPORATE PARTNERS, OR PARTICIPANTS (COLLECTIVELY, “MEMBERS”) LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOSSES, SUITS, CLAIMS, AND/OR CONTROVERSIES (COLLECTIVELY, “LIABILITIES”) THAT HAVE ARISEN OR MAY ARISE, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, RELATING TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WORK2DAY APP, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITIES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONDUCT, ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY USER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION STALKING, HARASSMENT, ACTS OF PHYSICAL VIOLENCE, AND LOSS OR DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL PROPERTY), SERVICES, ANY DISPUTE WITH ANY USER, ANY INSTRUCTION, ADVICE, ACT, OR SERVICE PROVIDED BY WORK2DAY OR MEMBERS, AND ANY DESTRUCTION OF YOUR INFORMATION. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WORK2DAY OR MEMBERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WORK2DAY APP OR ANY SERVICES OR MERCHANDISE, EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES WERE OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE SAME. WORK2DAY AND MEMBERS DO NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY OR FITNESS OF ANY WORK PERFORMED IN CONNECTION WITH THE WORK2DAY APP, THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS, IT IS DETERMINED THAT WORK2DAY OR MEMBERS ARE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL FEES PAID BY YOU TO WORK2DAY DURING THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE TIME SUCH CLAIM AROSE.
- RELEASE. WORK2DAY AND MEMBERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE BETWEEN USERS OF THE WORK2DAY APP. THE WORK2DAY APP IS ONLY A VENUE FOR CONNECTING USERS. TO THE EXTENT THAT THE WORK2DAY APP CONNECTS A USER TO A THIRD PARTY PROVIDER FOR THE PURPOSES OF PROVIDING MERCHANDISE HEREUNDER, WORK2DAY WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE SUITABILITY, LEGALITY OR ABILITY OF ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS AND YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE WORK2DAY FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER. BECAUSE WORK2DAY IS NOT INVOLVED IN THE ACTUAL CONTACT BETWEEN USERS OR IN THE COMPLETION OF ANY PROFESSIONAL SERVICE, IN THE EVENT THAT YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH ONE OR MORE USERS, YOU RELEASE WORK2DAY AND MEMBERS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, OR DAMAGES (ACTUAL, DIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTE.
- ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMER. THE QUALITY OF THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND/OR THE MERCHANDISE SCHEDULED OR REQUESTED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WORK2DAY APP IS ENTIRELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PROFESSIONAL WHO ULTIMATELY PROVIDES SUCH PROFESSIONAL SERVICES TO YOU AND/OR THE THIRD PARTY MERCHANDISE PROVIDER. YOU UNDERSTAND, THEREFORE, THAT BY USING THE WORK2DAY APP, YOU MAY BE EXPOSED TO PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND/OR MERCHANDISE THAT ARE POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS, OFFENSIVE, HARMFUL TO MINORS, UNSAFE OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE, AND THAT YOU USE THE WORK2DAY APP, AND SUCH PROFESSIONAL, AT YOUR OWN RISK.
NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT OR THE WORK2DAY APP CONSTITUTES, OR IS MEANT TO CONSTITUTE, ADVICE OF ANY KIND. IF YOU REQUIRE ADVICE IN RELATION TO ANY LEGAL, FINANCIAL OR MEDICAL MATTER YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL.
BY USING THE WORK2DAY APP, YOU AGREE THAT THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT ARE REASONABLE. IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THEY ARE REASONABLE, YOU MUST NOT USE THE WORK2DAY APP.
YOU ACCEPT THAT, AS A CORPORATION, HANDY HAS AN INTEREST IN LIMITING THE PERSONAL LIABILITY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES. YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT BRING ANY CLAIM PERSONALLY AGAINST WORK2DAY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS OR EMPLOYEES IN CONNECTION WITH ANY DISPUTE, LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE THAT THE LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY SET OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT WILL PROTECT THE WORK2DAY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS AND SUB-CONTRACTORS AS WELL AS WORK2DAY.
EACH PARTY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE OTHER PARTY HAS ENTERED INTO THIS AGREEMENT RELYING ON THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY STATED HEREIN AND THAT THOSE LIMITATIONS ARE AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
- Indemnification. You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Work2Day, its licensors, and each such party’s directors, officers, parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, employees, agents, attorneys, independent contractors and vendors from and against any and all claims, losses, expenses, liabilities, damages or demands (including attorneys’ fees and costs incurred), in connection with or resulting from, directly or indirectly: (i) your use or misuse of or inability to use the Work2Day App, any Merchandise and/or any Professional Service, (ii) your violation of this Agreement, (iii) your violation of any applicable law or regulation; (iv) your violation of the rights of another (including but not limited to Professionals), and (v) Your Information and content that you submit or transmit through the Work2Day App. Work2Day reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to your indemnification. You will not, in any event, settle any such claim or matter without the prior written consent of Work2Day.
- Mutual Arbitration Agreement.
- Informal Negotiations. To expedite resolution and reduce the cost of any dispute, controversy or claim, past, present, or future, between you and Work2Day, including without limitation any dispute or claim related to or arising out of this Agreement (“Dispute”), you and Work2Day may attempt to negotiate any Dispute informally (the “Informal Negotiations”) before initiating any arbitration or court proceeding. Such Informal Negotiations will commence upon written notice. Your address for any notices under this section is your email address and/or physical address that you have provided to Work2Day. Work2Day’s address for such notices is:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or by mail to Work2Day, Inc., Attn: Legal, 3373 Stoney Cres Mississauga, ON L5M 0N7
- Arbitration. If a Dispute is not resolved through Informal Negotiations, you and Work2Day agree to resolve any and all Disputes (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) through final and binding arbitration (“Arbitration Agreement”). This Arbitration Agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and evidences a transaction involving commerce. The arbitration will be commenced and conducted before a single arbitrator under the Commercial Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (“AAA Consumer Rules”), both of which are available at the AAA website (www.adr.org). Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation will be governed by the AAA Rules (and, where appropriate, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules). If you are unable to pay such costs, Work2Day will pay all arbitration fees and expenses. Each party will pay the fees for his/her or its own attorneys, subject to any remedies to which that party may later be entitled under applicable law. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing. Additionally, the arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or agency, shall have the exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, or formation of this Arbitration Agreement. However, the preceding sentence shall not apply to the “Class Action Waiver” described in Section d below.
- Excluded Disputes. You and Work2Day agree that the following Disputes are excluded from this Arbitration Agreement: (1) any Dispute seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, any of your or our intellectual property rights; (2) individual claims in small claims court; (3) any claim that an applicable federal statute expressly states cannot be arbitrated; and (4) any claim for injunctive relief.
- WAIVER OF RIGHT TO BE A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN A CLASS ACTION.
To fullest extent permitted by applicable law, You and Work2Day agree to bring any Dispute in arbitration on an individual basis only, and not as a class or collective action. There will be no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought, heard or arbitrated as a class or collective action (“Class Action Waiver”). Regardless of anything else in this Arbitration Agreement and/or the applicable AAA Rules or AAA Consumer Rules, the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of the Class Action Waiver may only be determined by a court and not an arbitrator.
- Rules/Standards Governing Arbitration Proceeding. A party who wishes to arbitrate a Dispute covered by this Arbitration Agreement must initiate an arbitration proceeding no later than the expiration of the statute of limitations that applicable law prescribes for the claim asserted. The arbitrator shall apply the statute of limitations that would have applied if the Dispute had been brought in court. The arbitrator may award any remedy to which a party is entitled under applicable law, but remedies shall be limited to those that would be available to a party in their individual capacity, and no remedies that otherwise would be available to an individual under applicable law will be forfeited. The arbitrator is without authority to apply any different substantive law. The parties have the right to conduct adequate civil discovery and present witnesses and evidence as needed to present their cases and defenses, and any dispute in this regard shall be decided by the arbitrator. The location of the arbitration proceeding shall take place in the city or county where you reside, unless each party agrees otherwise. A court of competent jurisdiction shall have the authority to enter judgment upon the arbitrator’s decision/award.
- Severability. You and Work2Day agree that if any portion of this section entitled “Mutual Arbitration Agreement” is found illegal or unenforceable, that portion will be severed and the remainder of this Section 18 will be given full force and effect.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction. Except where required otherwise by law, this Agreement is governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law.
- Assignment. This Agreement may not be assigned or transferred by you without our prior written approval. We may assign or transfer this Agreement without your consent, including but not limited to assignments: (i) to a parent or subsidiary, (ii) to an acquirer of assets, or (iii) to any other successor or acquirer. Any assignment in violation of this section shall be null and void. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of permitted successors and assigns.
- General Provisions. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employer-employee or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement. A failure by us to enforce any provision(s) of this Agreement will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Work2Day with respect to its subject matter. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will be enforced to the fullest extent possible, and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any Dispute, claim or cause of action arising out of or related to this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such Dispute, claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. All notices provided by a party in connection with this Agreement will be deemed given as of the day they are received either by email, messenger, delivery service, or in the mail, postage prepaid, certified or registered, return receipt requested, and addressed as follows: Your address for such notices is your email address and/or physical address that you have provided to Work2Day. Work2Day’s address for such notices is: email@example.com and/or by mail to Work2Day, Inc., Attn: Legal, 3373 Stoney Cres Mississauga, ON L5M 0N7 The captions in this Agreement are solely for convenience and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement. This Agreement shall not be modified except in writing signed by both parties or by means of a new posting by Work2Day, as described below. This Agreement shall be interpreted as if jointly drafted by the parties. Work2Day shall have no liability to you for any failure or delay in performing its obligations in this Agreement where such failure or delay is caused by an event or circumstance beyond Work2Day’s reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, failure of Professionals to perform, flood, fire, explosion, acts of terrorism or accident.
- Changes to this Agreement. We reserve the right, at our sole and absolute discretion, to change, modify, add to, supplement or delete any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time, effective with or without prior notice. If any future changes to this Agreement are unacceptable to you or cause you to no longer be in compliance with this Agreement, you must terminate, and immediately stop using, the Work2Day App. Your continued use of the Work2Day App following any revision to this Agreement constitutes your complete and irrevocable acceptance of any and all such changes.
- Severability. These Terms shall be deemed severable. In the event that any provision is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
- Contact Information. If you have any questions regarding this Agreement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the below address:
Or via Mail:
Attn: Copyright Agent
Work2Day, Inc. d/b/a Work2Day
3373 Stoney Cres
Mississauga, ON L5M 0N7
Last updated: June 07, 2019